- Reads: BD-R/ROM, BD-RE, BD-DL (R, RE, ROM), DVD +- R/RW/R(DL), DVD-ROM/DL, DVD-RAM, CD-R/RW/ROM
- Writes: BD-R(SL/LTH/DL), BD-RE(DL), DVD+-R/RW/DL, DVD-RAM, CD-R/RW
- mid-2009 MacBook Pro, Snow Leopard
- Just plugging it into my MBP, I can read Blu-Ray discs
- Can't watch Blu-Ray movies with VLC. I heard the new version of VLC can play Blu-Ray, but haven't tried it.
- Haven't tried burning BD or searching for movie playback software for OS X (don't have much hope).
Update 16 Sep 2012
It doesn't work on Windows 7, or more specifically, Cyberlink PowerDVD 9 doesn't work on Windows 7. I tried a trial version of PowerDVD 12 and it works. It doesn't work in Windows XP Mode in Windows 7 either.