- Same Cree XM-L2 U2 "emitter" (bulb)
- 960 lumens
- Similar throw distances
- Power sources: 18650, CR123A
- The major difference is the UC35 can charge any 18650 battery. While the UC40UE can run off any 18650 battery, it can only charge its own double-ended battery. (not sure how "any" is "any" battery, i.e. protected batteries)
- Because of the wider range of batteries it charges, there are more charging protections.
- UC35 has another low level, 50 lumens. Other levels are shifted up. However its lowest is also raised to 14 lumens, which I think is actually LESS useful than the UC40UE's of 10.
- Charging port is moved to the side
- UC35 has a pocket clip?
- It now has dual switches, so it has momentary on.