09 March, 2013

How To Download Albums From Picasa Web Albums Without Installing Picasa

I mentioned this before, but I noticed this was a common search on Google, so I thought I'd write a post specifically answering this.
  1. Go to https://www.google.com/takeout/
  2. Select Choose services, then Picasa Web Albums
  3. Click on Configure, Download a single album
  4. Select the album you want, then Create Archive
  5. Note: it's not instant, the archive takes a while to create. When it's done, it's kept for a few days so you can download it.
The good thing about this method is it downloads videos too!

I'm trying to figure out: since Picasa doesn't download existing photos on your computer when you download an album, the downloaded folder won't have all your photos. How can I see/export all my photos in one place?

No comments:

Post a Comment