08 November, 2010

Clock apps

After getting a dock, I went on the search for a good clock app. I knew there were a lot of apps around, but finding a satisfactory one was harder than I thought. They were all missing 1 thing or another: only one time zone, only one weather location, displaying current weather as well as weather forecast, and other things. I finally settled on Nightstand by the Kensington Computer Products Group.
I like it because it's really simple:
  • displays current weather
  • displays today's weather forecast, and the next 4 days if you tap on the weather icon
  • override auto-lock
  • free!
It doesn't have features like customisable wallpaper, world time/weather or even its own alarm. There are 3 designs for the clock (why does everyone have the flip clock? Is it because they don't have a real one? What I'd really like is a vacuum tube clock.), in addition to colour choices. You can dim the screen by swiping, but I found that it's not a true brightness adjustment - e.g. it displays gray instead of white, but your screen brightness does not change.

I really want an app that displays the world time and weather for any place I want, and maybe an animated picture of the world. However apps that do that either have too small a time display, or inaccurate weather. For now, this'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment