17 September, 2010

UV-VIS of 3D glasses

More UV-VIS tests!

This time, I tested 3D glasses: those cheap red and blue ones (anaglyph) and the cinema ones.

These are one of the first things I bought on eBay. They're really cheap, about $1 a pair including delivery. They're also how I found out about the website Buyincoins. The red lens absorbs blue light and vice versa, as expected. Neither lens absorbs UV light, so I wouldn't recommend wearing them outdoors. After wearing them for a while, when you take them off, your eyes see in opposite colours - the eye with the red lens sees things more blue (cooler).

These are the 3D glasses the cinema uses. I think they're polarising, but they don't cancel when I put 1 lens over another. Weird. I really should test them at different angles, but that's a bit difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment