01 October, 2009

Things I miss from Windows.

A list of things I miss from Windows so far, just to balance out all my gushings about the good points of Macs:

  • the Home, End and Delete (like on Windows. The Mac Delete key is more like Backspace) keys
  • the maximise button (I know you can download a program to maximise like Windows)
  • Windows Explorer - it's easier to copy files to different folders. On OS X I have to open 2 Finder windows
  • choosing columns to display in column view - like Song Title of mp3 files. In Finder you can only display dates, size, kind, comments etc.
  • still haven't found a good way to swap between windows. Command+Tab doesn't let you choose between windows of the same application. Using the mouse takes too long when you're typing.
  • you can't delete individual items from Trash. I know, once it's in Trash you should consider it gone, but sometimes you want to delete things from removable drives without emptying the trash on your computer.
  • proper DVD burning software? It seems only Toast can burn multisession DVDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment