01 November, 2014

Abandoning vPOST

People say vPOST is ok when it works, but good luck if you need anything but the simplest task done. I've found this is true, and will not be using it any more for anything of importance. Initial post

It was a routine order. Here's the NUMEROUS times they absolutely messed up:
  1. They sent the POPstation code and notification to the wrong person, resulting in my package ending up in the hands of a stranger. They managed to reinsert it into their system and said I could pick it up from Pasir Panjang Post Office. Fine.
  2. THEY DELIVERED IT TO PASIR RIS POST OFFICE INSTEAD. SINGAPORE POST CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PASIR PANJANG AND PASIR RIS!
  3. Of course, numerous promises to call back were unfulfilled.
  4. It had to wait at Pasir Ris for 5 working days before it could be redirected.

In the end, this is what my package looked like after its tour of Singapore:

And this is what its tracking looked like:
(Read from the bottom up) You can see on 22/9, it was collected by another customer, 23/9 it was reinserted. Here's the funny thing - on 26/9 there was an unsuccessful delivery attempt, when I ordered it delivered to a post office. But if you look at the package above, there's a residential address on it. I'm wondering if, due to the original mix-up, the other customer got the same package number and tried to redirect it to his address? Maybe that's why it ended up in Pasir Ris. It remained in Pasir Ris from 27/9 to 3/10.

I'll just point out it spent 6 days getting from America to Singapore, but 11 days within Singapore. During which I got a different story every time I called. Now, because of this I complained to vPOST, and they offered me compensation. What did I get? A single 20% off. Yes, something you can get with the right card, or even just by searching for the voucher code up to a while ago. That's another thing - there are almost no more discounts for vPOST. When I compared vPOST with HSG, vPOST was actually MORE expensive and only its 20% discount made it viable. Now vPOST discounts are all but extinct. It's MORE expensive and LESS reliable.

With no hesitation, I condemn vPOST.

No comments:

Post a Comment