There are lots of sites selling this, but no real reviews. I guess it's considered a mobile phone (mobile phones are huge sellers online), but maybe this model is too expensive.
Who is this type of device for? I think they're meant for people who:
- Have cheap/free 3G access - maybe their home broadband plan has free 3G, or their mobile plan has too much data and they can get another SIM card.
- Have devices without 3G access / want to share 3G with several devices
The main feature of this device over others is it has an ethernet port, so it can share one ethernet Internet connection over Wi-Fi as well, like a router.
- 1500 mAh battery
- micro-USB cable
- It's very easy to use. Just put in your SIM card and start it up.
- It creates a secured wireless network by default (and uses customised passwords, instead of a single password for all sets. The password is on a sticker inside the back cover.)
- Configured by http, as all routers should be.
- It has a 5-second startup feature, and it really works! Very impressive.
- If you plug it in to an "easy" ethernet connection (no need to log in), it automatically changes from 3G to ethernet. Users don't need to do anything.