24 June, 2013

Facebook And iOS Contacts

I noticed some of my contacts on iOS weren't syncing with friends in Facebook. After checking, I realised this is because Facebook no longer syncs friends without contact data (phone numbers or email). Not sure if this change was by FB or iOS. So, to summarise:
  • FB friends with no contact info - will not appear in iOS
  • FB friends with contact info, that you do not have as a contact in iOS - will appear in iOS
  • FB friends with contact info, that you do have as a contact in iOS - will appear, may not be linked properly, can be linked manually

I also noticed some contacts in iOS have an outdated FB picture (and no "F" on the picture). I suspect these contacts were once synced, then removed their contact details so the sync is broken. But the old picture remains.

I can't remember if I was able to sync friends with no contact details before. If this were the case, maybe they didn't have contact details all along, and the new rule broke the sync.

No comments:

Post a Comment