Main differences of the MBP with Retina Display
- 2880x1800 pixels! 220 ppi
- Flash storage. It seems to be using its own flash chips instead of a SSD, which I don't really like. That means you can't replace the HDD yourself, or recover data if it fails.
- No DVD drive, 1.8 cm thick compared to 2.41 cm for the other MBPs
- 2.02 kg compared to 2.56 kg
- New MagSafe 2 port
- HDMI and 2 Thunderbolt ports (other MBPs only have 1 Thunderbolt and no HDMI port)
- Apple says they're re-engineered the fans to be more quiet. The case now takes air from 3 sides. They've also improved the speakers and mic.
And other changes to the MBPs:
- Changed to USB 3 ports! It's nice to see Apple using standard connectivity (USB 3 and HDMI).