- 3D printed - because 3D printing is the next disruptive technology and it would be great to have something on hand to show people what it's about
- holds (credit) cards - because I find I'm usually holding my phone and card when on the bus, this way I can hold both at the same time
- Saw it on sale here for $80
- Hesitant about buying a case with so many holes in it
- Case feels rough and unrefined, a bit like cardboard
- Not sure how long 3D printing lasts (is it brittle etc.)
- Hardly any reviews, none mention how long it lasts
Shapeways is a website where you can upload your own 3D designs and print them in various materials. You can also let other people print your designs at a price you choose. There's an iPhone 4 case with credit card holder on sale there.
Without 3D printing, there are 2 more options. It's surprising how few cases there are that hold cards!
Case Mate ID Credit Card Case
- holds 2 cards
- cards press directly against the iPhone (I think they give a back protector)
- Doesn't really protect the top and bottom
- Saw it on sale in Funan Centre for $39 and thought it was too expensive, then I found out most shops sold it for $59!
- You can get one that looks exactly like it from eBay (about $2), making the original even more overpriced
Speck Candyshell Card
- holds 3 cards
- cards do not contact the iPhone
Found another one: Tangram Smart Case
- I think it's Korean
- Holds 3 cards, or 2 cards and a mirror or money clip