01 November, 2010

Canon PG40/CL41 inks

I've always wondered how many pages a cartridge can print, and I recently had the chance to test. Using a new set of PG40/CL41 cartridges (these are standard capacity, not high capacity), I was able to print 141 pages in one go. These aren't the 5% coverage pages that printer companies use to measure cartridge life either. Seriously, who prints pages with 5% coverage? I wonder how many more pages they'll last. The cartridges cost $58, so they should be able to print 290 pages (at 20c per page), or I might as well print somewhere else.

Printed 12 more pages. Total is now 153. How long will I keep counting?
+16=169

+7=176 Some of these pages are really heavy too, like colour copying certificates.

+16=192 This is an underestimate.

+40=232  It currently stands at 25c per page, which is pretty good. This number is getting more and more inaccurate.

268 pages now. This whole process reminds me of MOPy fish, which was quite fun at that time. What a pity I can't get credits for these.

23 Nov 10
342 pages and 15 full colour photos, which probably use more ink than pages. Impressive!

1 Dec 10
354 pages and 15 full colour photos.

7 Dec 10
After 371 pages and 15 photos, the black cartridge gave up the ghost. This works out to 15c a page. More expensive than printing black and white outside, but it'll become cheaper with refills.

No comments:

Post a Comment