22 October, 2010

Image Capture not working with iPhone

Up to now I've been using Image Capture to transfer photos from my iPhone, because I don't use iPhoto to organise my photos. Right now, Image Capture won't detect my iPhone. It seems to happen if you have too many photos on your iPhone: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1101197. I have 222 photos and 7 videos. If I can't find a fix, I might stop leaving photos on my Camera Roll, which I shouldn't be doing anyway.

iPhone can be detected by iTunes. Closing all apps and restarting iPhone did not help.

WiFi Photo Transfer can transfer videos, but with a maximum transfer rate of 500 kBps, it's too slow.

I'VE FIXED IT!
Or rather, found a fix. In case you haven't noticed, I've been editing this post instead of posting new ones. Beats having to look around.
Thank you http://osxdaily.com/2010/07/10/transfer-photos-from-iphone-to-computer/, I've found out you can use Preview to transfer photos as well, and it works.
I've just confirmed, Image Capture still doesn't work while Preview does, so hopefully Preview doesn't have the problem of Image Capture.

No comments:

Post a Comment