24 June, 2010

Euky Bear Steam Vaporiser

I'm using the Euky Bear vapouriser to control humidity in my room. I chose a vapouriser instead of ultrasonic or wick humidifiers because they're cleaner - a bit like distilling water, and I only plan to use it in winter, so it doesn't matter if it produces heat. In fact, it's better.
I have 2 boxes because my first one stopped working, so they sent me another one. I opened the broken one to see what went wrong, and what it looks like inside.
The heating element was covered in deposits. I tried scraping them off, but it still wouldn't work. Sometimes, I found black particles, which looked like rust, in the water after running the vapouriser overnight. Now I know they're precipitates from the minerals in the water.

Likes:
Safe - 
  • Will not tip over
  • No danger if it dries up
  • Water is not electrified and does not heat up (this also means it starts steaming much faster)
You can add their eucalyptus solution into the water, but I haven't tried.

Dislikes:
Container shape is hard to pick up and empty. I usually hold it by the opening, but the edges are sharp.

Note:
I found out you're supposed to use cleaner tablets in the water to prevent build-up. Do that if you're using a vapouriser too!

No comments:

Post a Comment