14 May, 2010

iPod Touch chargers

The iPod Touch is picky when it comes to charging. It seems to require some intelligence, besides a simple 5V. If you're buying a charger, it's best to buy from a reputable store. Many chargers on eBay won't charge it.

I have some difficulty buying a charger for my iPod Touch. It seems it won't accept just any USB charger. I've tried it on 2 AC-USB chargers and they didn't work. I tried my friend's Touch 3G and it didn't work either, so it's not the chargers (they can charge my Kindle).
That's why I gave up on buying online - it's much cheaper, but it takes weeks to arrive then you find out it doesn't work. I bought this Belkin charger from JB HiFi for A$25.
It comes with a charge-only cable. Is it cheaper to make than a normal cable? This cable might come in useful if you want to charge but not to sync, such as if the computer has a virus.

It's still cheaper than the Apple charger, which costs A$39. I wonder if the iPhone is as picky when it comes to charging?

No comments:

Post a Comment