06 December, 2009

Bamboo's touch going crazy.

I've found a problem with my Bamboo. After using the pen for a while, the touch goes crazy.

The LED flickers even when I'm not touching it, meaning it's registering touches. When I touch it, I see the equivalent of right and left clicks in Photoshop Elements, meaning it's detecting additional touches in random positions.

I think it's due to excess electrical charge, since I frequently feel "vibrations" from my MBP case. These are commonly thought to be due to current leakage. Also, the touchpad on my other laptop would sometimes be unresponsive, which was fixed by swiping a finger over the whole touchpad surface. The problem with the Bamboo settles down after a while (about 2 minutes). Meanwhile, I just turn touch off.

2 comments:

  1. Exactly same problem here (and in a MacBook too)!
    Please post if you find the cause or a solution, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm currently using the cable with my MBP adapter, so it's grounded - I don't feel the vibrations anymore. But I still had this problem.
    Things to test:
    using another computer (desktop)
    using the tablet without touching my MBP (normally I have 1 hand on the keyboard and 1 on the tablet)

    Also wondering if the charges are being generated by the nib rubbing on the surface, but doesn't seem likely as it doesn't happen with other tablets.

    ReplyDelete