05 October, 2009

MacBook Pro / OS X design dislikes

  • Max volume too low. This is probably to prevent distortion, but I think it can be set a bit higher.
  • Trackpad button is a bit hard to press. It's ok for clicking, but hard to drag.
  • Edge of unibody cuts into your wrists when typing.
  • Only 2 USB ports?
  • Character palette is hard to use. I wish they'd show things by font instead of by character. There's no warning when the character you choose isn't in the font you're using, and it uses another font instead. After searching for a character, double-clicking puts that character in the search box instead of in your document. (dragging works better)
  • No HDD light. How do I know when my computer is busy? I like the minimalist design, but the HDD light is necessary.
  • No mic jack. It has a line-in port. See. It needs a "line-level mic", most mics don't work with it.
  • No good DVD burning software. I'm not paying $100 for Toast Titanium. What I want is to be able to burn multisession DVDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment